Partial Hospitalization Program
Springbrook Hospital is part of a network of health care services catering to the needs of Hernando, Citrus and Pasco County residents. We offer a full range of mental health and addiction recovery programs through our hospital. These include inpatient and partial hospitalization treatment options. Working as a team we will create a community atmosphere where healing, love, and acceptance exist for all who enter our facility.
The Partial Hospitalization Program offers a range of services including :
- Evaluation and screening
- Multi-track psychiatric groups
- Drug and alcohol abuse treatment
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical therapy
- Community education
- Professional education
- Adult services including those for the disabled and the elderly
Our treatment program offers an opportunity to move forward in a positive direction. Calling our office is the first step in getting help for someone in need.
Our partial programs provide one of the components of the network of treatment options available. Our desire is to enhance independence and functionality.
Springbrook Hospital Partial Hospitalization Level of Care
This multi-disciplinary treatment program is an intensive treatment offered to adults 18 years and older who are experiencing an acute exacerbation of an established Axis I diagnosis within ICD-9 codes 290-319. Dual diagnosis with drug or alcohol is eligible for services. The goal is to provide a viable alternative to inpatient or bridge the gap between inpatient treatment and the ability to benefit from outpatient treatment. Length of stay is determined by individual patient need.
Admission Criteria :
1. Transitioning from Inpatient: While transition to PHP level of care is expected within 24 hours of discharge, immediate transition is preferred. Due to the severity of the patient's presenting problems, this step down is medically necessary in lieu of a longer inpatient stay and to prevent relapse back into inpatient care. Once this program is completed the patient will be referred for outpatient therapy.
2. Transitioning from Outpatient: Referrals are accepted from outpatient providers including psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists. Transition is preferred within 24 to 48 hours of the referral . Acute exacerbation of the Axis I diagnosis in which outpatient treatment interventions have been unable to facilitate stabilization is required. PHP crisis intervention then becomes an alternative to inpatient referral.
3. Medically stable and able to tolerate the length of treatment hours.
4. Potential community support system to maintain stability outside of treatment hours.
5. Ability to benefit from group facilitated psychotherapy.
Comprehensive Treatment Includes :
1. Group Therapy sessions daily, 5 days per week.
2. Psychiatrist evaluation and treatment (1 x weekly).
3. Family therapy strongly encouraged as appropriate.
4. RN assessment and monitoring of medication side effects and compliance.
Other Information :
1. Treatment Hours: 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. excluding major holidays.
2. Continuity of Care assured for all referring mental health professionals.
3. All treatment provided by licensed professional staff.
4. Handicap accessible facility.
5. Non-institutional atmosphere conducive to treatment.
6. Transportation arranged or provided as needed.
7. Medicare benefits (including SSDI) covers the cost of services.
8. Private insurance and self pay accepted.